He's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

She's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

He is Growing

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fun with Fam (long post)

This past week has been a super fun one! We have spent it in Terreton, and yes it has been fun. Adam and Jamie, Kades brother and sister came down to visit from Iowa for about 10 days. They have two little boys who are cuter than buttons (Kaleb and Kaden). They both have smiles that reach ear to ear.

It was a week full of all sorts of things crafts, puppies, motorcycles, four wheelers, fishing, good food, laughter, and lots of catching up. I believe it has been almost a year since we have seen this much family together and it was fun. I have really enjoyed getting to know Kade's brother's family better.
Friday
We made it up to Terreton after I was done working. We brought our new little pup Scout, they little kids LOVED him. He got mauled all week long.
Little Scout and Big Chief Playin
We visited most the night and had a yummy dinner, thanks to Jamie and mom :D Steph and Dan (Kade's sister & brother-in-law) showed up later. Dan shared some of his interesting chips that the company he will soon work for makes. Dan and Steph are moving away to Louisianan in about a month and some. We will miss seeing her cute little family. She has 2 kids and a bun in the oven. :D We are about 2 months apart, she is due in October. Anyways good luck to them in their new environment. They currently are in Utah, so a little bit of a change. We will miss being so close. Anyways we all talked and had fun visiting and went to bed.

Saturday
This day was interesting. The men decided they were going to go fishing up at meadow lake which is quite the drive from mom and dad Bingham's house. So I thought it would be rather late before they made it home. They left around noon, after the women fed and put their kids to bed we had some FUN. We made some homemade cards and envelopes. I honestly went through withdrawals ALL day. I am hardly ever away from Kade because neither of us work much. Anyways i was all mopey and wishing he was home. BLAH I know...but hey we are still honeymooning according to my family :D To make the day seem longer, my dad called and told me my grandpa P was in the hospital in Rexburg, and things didn't look so good. I didn't dare go to the hospital to visit without Kade, so I was just a roller coaster all day (that's okay right? I'm prego) Anyways i did have fun making the cards I learned A LOT. Jamie's sister Chelsea came by to see Kaleb on his birthday and to make some cards as well. The boys ended up coming home sooner than we thought because they couldn't go fishing where they planned due to snow. So they stayed closer to home :D We had yummy homemade pizza and cake to celebrate Kaleb's 3rd birthday. BUSY BUSY DAY. Happy 3rd birthday KALEB! P.S. Kade caught lots of fish, he makes me so so proud LOL :D

The 2 cards and 1 envelope I made
Sunday
This day would have been really great other than I woke up not feeling good. Kade let me sleep through church, I probably should have gone, but I just felt icky. Later tho I felt better, and things started looking up We enjoyed a big Sunday dinner with whole nine yards. It was pretty much thanksgiving. There was everything on the table you could think of. After dinner Kade and I went down to Rexburg to see my grandpa Pincock in the hospital. He had gone trough a lot the day before so he slept most of the visit. My aunt Kathryn just so happened to be next door to my grandpa. She had some cancerous growth removed from her intestine. It was a good visit with both. When we got home to mom and dad Bingham's Shyla and Tony (Kades sister and brother-in-law) and their 5 cuties were there. We almost had the whole family together. Minus Kevin who is in California on a mission and Jay and Jenny and their 2 boys in Oklahoma. We had a good time catching up, playing on the WII, and playing games. We ate some pie and I swear Kade had 7 pieces. :D

Monday
In the early morning Steph and Dan left to go back home. So they missed out on the rest of the week of fun. Around eleven or so we all split up, girls and boys, in separate cars, and went up to see Grandma and Grandpa Bingham and Grandma and Grandpa Meltcalf up in the Moore/Leslie area. It was a fun time being with just the girls, Jamie and I got to talk and learn a little bit more about each other. At G&G Bingham's we had a great time catching up, playing games, and of course eating. :D At the Meltcalf's we had fun visiting, going on a tour of the farm, four wheeling, and playing with some kitties. We got home pretty late but had a good time visiting. Kade and I made our way home Monday night, because of work.
Tuesday
I worked most of the day and Kade and I got some bills paid. We then headed back up to Terreton. When we got there no one was there, so we sat on the front porch swing. No sooner did we hear the roar of four wheelers. We all had fun taking turns, taking different kids on rides on the four wheelers, and playing with the puppy. We then helped make dinner (hamburgers) and the Sauers were there too, so we got to enjoy their company. It was a very enjoyable night.

Kaden playin ball with chief
Wednesday
The boys decided that they were going to go up to eight mile (the place Kade proposed). So Dad, Adam, Kade, and Kaleb all packed there stuff to go on a fun day of four wheelers and fishing. After they left, the girls did some more crafts. Mom made a cute plaque that says always kiss me goodnight, she hung it above her bed, it is so cute. Jamie made Bingham blocks. and i did some seasonal blocks. It was so much fun the time flew and the boys were back before we knew it. They boys came back with quite a few fish, and they seemed to have a really good time. Kaleb I think really enjoyed playing with his dad all day and being with the big boys. Mom then made us some yummy chicken pockets and we just hung out the rest of the night.



The fun blocks have spring on one side and winter on the other :D


Thursday

Kade and I slept a lot of the day, we were tuckered out. Kaleb got to go hang out with uncle Tony and ride the tractor. When we woke up I worked on my blocks some more, while Kade went to a job interview. I worked on my blocks most the afternoon. Dad Bingham offered to take us into town to go bowling...the Saure's came by and we decided we were going to have a weeny roast instead. So we had a fun night eating weenies and smores. It was lots of fun. We watched a movie afterwords and just visited.


Friday
We went to the temple as a big family group on Friday...I already posted a blog about it. But it was a good time. we went to Famous Dave's after the temple and enjoyed the fun environment. Nothing like a full belly :D



Saturday
It took everyone a while to decide what we had planned for our last FUN day. The girls ended up playing with beads, making jewelry.


The washer necklace I made

The boys
went golfing. After, we all met in town and watched How to Train your Dragon. It was a fun time, we just as many kids as adults, Kade and I ate way too much popcorn. :D Dad bought everyone pizza and we ate at the house and hung out the rest of the night. I went to bed early while everyone else played some games.

Kaleb and Adam outside the movie theater
You can see the Sauer girls runnin up ahead

Sunday
Adam and his family, Kade and I, and mom and dad went to church in Terreton. After we had a dutch oven dinner with the Sauer family there. We played outside and enjoyed each others company for one last night. Kade even did some crafts with me and his nieces. It was a very enjoyable last night with Adam and Jamie's family.

Kaden playin in the red wagon

little nisha playin on the tramp

The boys shot some hoops, this is Kade showing off :D

Even dad Bingham Enjoyed the pup

little Cameron putting bunny ears on Scout

My favorite, Kaleb holding Scout
Monday
Jamie and Adam made their way back to Iowa around 4 am :( It will be sad not seeing them for another year.

It was a great ten days, and I really enjoyed being around family :D

1 comment:

  1. We need another party like that!!!!
    So glad you guys moved closer!

    ReplyDelete