He's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

She's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

He is Growing

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Valentines Weekend 2016 -Part 2- The Night Before

We left the older kids in Terreton on Friday and started our drive. We had sandwich stuff packed and a few books download on my phone to listen to.


Lex did great, he slept for the first 2 hours and then watched a movie the rest of the time. I was really nervous he would be upset and want out of his seat.  He gets that way when we make trips to Idaho Falls and Pocatello sometimes. It was nice that he did so well, I was grateful.

We picked up my race packet as soon as we got into Boise. That is part of the reason we decided to go down Friday, I didn't want to stress about it the morning of. I was a little bummed because the tshirts were cotton, I'm always a little giddy when I find they are techshirts because that means I might actually use them. Cotton shirts tend to just sit in my dresser and never get used, they chaff my arms and are so hot. I have a superstition that you have to earn your race shirt, so I didn't plan on wearing it during the race anyway. 


We called Richard (my youngest brother) and we decided to meet for dinner.  We planned a time and place, we had some time to kill before meeting him, naturally I wanted to go to some thrift stores. I love going to bigger city's thrift stores because they tend to be better priced and have much better stuff. Ya, go ahead laugh. Richard already made fun of me. :) 

I chose to go to The Olive Garden, I knew I could eat a ton of bread, it's endless you know. I don't know if carb loading makes a difference but I wasn't going to miss my chance. 

As soon as we sat down at the table Lex got so cranky. Flat out screaming!!! I noticed he felt very warm but I figured he just needed a breadstick and something to drink. Nope, I was now the mom with the very loud kid who was disturbing everyone's dinner. I walked around with him and tried to feed him, but he wouldn't even nurse. When he wouldn't nurse, I knew he was teething. This kid NEVER misses a chance to nurse. I begged Kade to run and get some ibuprofen really fast...I know he didn't want to but did it anyway.  Looking back we really should have paid for our drinks and left. But I thought he would get tired and fall asleep in no time all that screaming should tire him. I walked around with him forever it seemed like. Poor Richard was alone at the table for close to an hour, I felt bad leaving him. But Lex made me extremely upset, I wanted to cry right with him, I felt helpless.  You have to understand this kid NEVER throws a fit, especially in public. He is such an easy baby, really such a happy kid. Kade got back and we forced him to take the ibuprofen. It was like magic, not five minutes later we were all sitting down eating. His fever broke and we didn't have an issue the rest of the trip. Strangest thing really, night and day difference. 

We finished eating and I wanted to go check out where the course was. We all went together.  It was dark, soooooo kind of pointless, but it helped calm my nerves. At least I would know where this stupid race was at, so we wouldn't be lost the next morning. 

My mom and dad called and we went and met up with them, my mom said she had something for me.

I use this candy on long runs and some honey as well. 

 We visited for a few minutes they had just made it into Boise. One of their cows went into labor when they were trying to leave and they stayed to help her. They don't start calving until spring, so this heifer was a few months early and the poor calf wasn't even fully formed yet. So sad.  
I texted them all the race info. And we left to take Richard back to his car. 

We got to our hotel and I unpacked.

 Kade was disappointed because he wanted to use the swimming pool but it was empty and we were told it would be useable until tomorrow. The hotel pillows were small so we headed out to go and buy some. I forgot to bring ours and I wanted them for the way home. I figured I would be tired and wanting to sleep. We walked around and shopped until late, we got back to our room around midnight. I was so nervous I knew that it would be a long night. Kade went to bed immediately and I watched tv until I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment